Sunday, November 30, 2014

Nov. 30th: Last Day of NaNoWriMo

Racing to finish my last 5,000-ish words. I didn’t write two or three days this month, but this has still been a good discipline exercise for writing. I definitely took advantage of DigiWriMo (writing related to one's digital online presence), and aimed for 50k between TWO projects, my blog/tweeting and my creative fiction piece, so I was able to switch back and forth, which helped me keep some energy going. I definitely did have a couple days where I only wrote a couple hundred words, though. Hence the obligatory final weekend sprint…Yeek!   I’m so close, it would be sooo disappointing not to reach the goal. Been trying to figure out what scenes I’m missing, etc. The story’s definitely not done, so hopefully I can think of several more scenes?!   At the end of each evening, I find myself darting back to the NaNoWriMo progress page to add 20 or 50 words to the counter, just to see that it's still going up, and last night was no exception.
Final Row80 Update For November below! I am very curious to see how all of this will morph once NaNoWriMo’s over…
My goals for writing and life for “A Round of Words in 80 Days” are as follow:
WRITING-SPECIFIC GOALS
1, 3. Blog Sketches, Vlog Idea: Not much (1 sketch). Energy has been totally focused elsewhere.
2. Blog Posts (10+ blog posts for November & December Two ROW80/NaNoWriMo update posts & one crafts-based post per week):  Sort of. This week’s been very distracted by the holiday, by trying to do more social stuff than normal, and by trying to write more of the fiction piece.
4. Creative Writing: I’ve had several good writing days. Several ideas for scenes that I’d previously had were actually written down in some form. I’m still behind, but the 50k (between projects 2 and 4) is still looking possible!
********************
ONGOING SOCIAL MEDIA/PERSONAL GOALS:
5. Tweet more Original Content & Reply to at least one ROW80 post or comment per update interval.  Continues. I’ve been dealing with NaNoWriMo & life. Twitter is an escape! Row80-ers are supportive! Run to the internet for peaceful oblivion! Chat with exclamation points and emojis (well…I still prefer variants of punctuation-based smiley faces over emojis).
6. Keep Up with Minimum Exercise Goals: Totally been distracted this week.  Gardened (and built "mushroom chandelier" parcels that will hang from the ceiling, and will hopefully produce mushrooms next month!) at a local organic farm & hiked last weekend, and acquired some very sore muscles, but nothing much exercise-wise has occurred in any of the days since. Although that mushroom chandelier just got incorporated into the creative writing project! Yay, life into art !  Yay, source material!
Wish me luck…I still really need it! Good luck to all you fellow straggling NaNoWriMo-ers, and congratulations if you’ve already completed your projects or rough drafts! And Goodbye, November, I really, really can’t believe you’re already over!! How did that happen?? Where did you gooo?

********
Update: Made it, with several hours to spare!  First year succeeding, Yay!
 

5 comments:

  1. You've done all right if you've managed to get 45,000 words written and done almost enough for DigiWriMo as well. That's a lot for one month, any way you slice it. Hope you "win" at least one of the challenges today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the saying goes, every little bit helps. Don't worry about the goals, WIP will take care of itself, long as there are words to write. As for myself, my word count is puny.

    Months move pretty fast. Rest well, happy writing and stay sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forty-five thousand words in one month is great. Congrats either way! I admire all NaNo participants. One of these years, I'll hop aboard. All the best for December.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not easy to juggle writing and. I know all too well, between writing projects and theatre things, I hardly know whether I am coming or going. But, it what I do and sounds like what you do too!

    Congrats on the 45000 words! That a major accomplishment. I hear about others successing and even the failures. I share those things that didn't happen or plain old blew it, because it's part of life. Having an excellent community such as NaNo and ROW80 is great to push me forward, because others are reading my story.

    Keep going. You got this, girl!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...