Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Great Projects for Scraps: Fabric Flowers

I've recently been dabbling in fabric flower construction.  I really admire how simple a lot of YouTube crafters make it look.  For some designs, you have to cut out petal shapes, while for others you simple need a bunch of fabric squares or a long strip of fabric, to create the neat "shabby chic" look.
The Crafty Blog Stalker shows beautiful examples of 20 simple fabric flowers, and includes links to the tutorials that show you how to make each.  There are also dozens upon dozens of step-by-step tutorials on YouTube, if you prefer a real-time demonstration.
I have a lot of fleece scraps from my plushie construction, as well as some lonely bins of unused fabric and ribbon.  I may just have to go on a flower-crafting spree, if I can figure out a design that I like... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...