Thursday, January 29, 2015

Adieu, January (ROW80)

Greetings, Earthlings!

People all over the country are gearing up for multiple snow storms, and here in Southern California, we've had a couple rainy and foggy days, and are expecting another one or two over the weekend...It's so weird adjusting to desert "Seasons" sometimes...

To recap my January-March writing/life goals, which I was trying to make more specific but also more wide-reaching:



JANUARY (5th) - March (26th)
Part A (Creativity & Social Media)
1. 1-2 blog posts per week (Ideally: 1 ROW80 post, 1 crafts-based post).
2. Do something creative every day.  Doodles still count.
3. Exercise--Ideal goal: 3x3x3 (3 sets of 3 exercises for 3+ days). 
Bare minimum: 1 set of stretches.
4. Social Media: Check in with all of my accounts/communities every week.

Part B (Catching up with life):
1. Continue to track my exercise, increase my fitness levels, and get outside on weekends.
2. Get my finances in order.  Also, address insurance, taxes and a new budget ASAP (however vague).
3. Decluttering, and re-organizing/re-claiming my room.
4. Aim for having my 100th post in May (my 2-year marker for the blog!). At least try...

Let's see.  I'm still adjusting to my new work schedule.  My weekends are getting to be more productive (by necessity), but I am still quite tuckered out during the weekday evenings.  If I'm somewhat social during some evenings, AND do some stretches, that is a win, basically.

I've been running errands, and dealing with some small car repairs, so I haven't gotten outside as much the last couple of weeks, and I'm really feeling it.  So I really do want to make sure that I get some fresh air and some sort of aerobic activity on weekends.  I'm inside all the time during the week, and by the time I get home, it's dark...

I feel a pressure over my head to write, and to keep being creative.  I love the energy of an idea, but I hate feeling like I "have" to do something, like my creative time's become homework or something...And yet I loved art assignments in school, and being part of an artistic community, both at school and in my weaver's guild the last couple of years.  Some of it's clearly mental...I'm in transition, and I need to build new traditions and edge out of my comfort zone.  I've moved away from my weaver's guild, and I feel like I'm not getting as much of a creative community now, to give me ideas and encourage me to finish up assignments. I'm kind of wondering if, if I were to join a guild member's online guild, I would get the same feeling of camaraderie and inspiration and social re-charging, without being in the same physical space?  I really like the ROW80 community, but our interactions are definitely a bit sporadic, and writing's a very solitary sport.  And yet, weaving and crafting often are, too.  Anyhoo, here I am back to waffling about choices.  I want to be inspired to create, not weighed down by "lost" opportunities.  I've got to figure out how to re-frame the dialogue in my head...

Any big plans for February?  I still need to address most of my goals.  They all remain active and relevant.  How about yours?

2 comments:

  1. Jackie! Hi! It sounds like you're in withdrawal for your physical guild. I wish I could be there to help! Is there another guild local to you? This reminds me, I need to get my boards to my brother so he can make my triangle loom. It's only been waiting for eight years now ... if I even still have the boards ....
    Your goals look great! I'm sure you'll reach them. I'm inching towards most of mine, which are all habit-building goals this Round. It's slow going, and any interruption sets me back, but hey, I've got direction! That's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am still adjusting to a new location, etc. It is what it is, right?

    I've always thought triangle looms looked like fun. You only end up with two loose threads at the end, right (well, assuming you're using one color yarn)?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...