Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Galentine's Day, Redux

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Galentine's Day, Redux!
Yesterday, I showed you my little Galentine's Day Initials Cards.

Above, you can see some of the lovely cards that my friend made for Galentine's Day.  She used cardboard, ribbon, glue, fabric paint, and a lot of patience with these tiny foam petals (I think they were originally confetti?):


To make the large hearts, she glued short lengths of ribbon onto a cardboard base.  Then she cut a heart shape out of a top piece of cardboard and sandwiched the ribbon between the two layers.  Frame the opening with fabric paint, and voila!  A perfect fabric heart!

To create the flowers, she laid down a dab of glue, and then using a toothpick, she transferred the petals to the card one-by-one to create a flower shape.

Some close-ups of the action (the glue dried clear):




We had a lovely brunch that featured Tea, Friendship, and Delicious Food.


I hope you all enjoy your Galentine's Day, or Valentine's Day, or President's Day Weekend.

And, one last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...