Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HOW is it WEDNESDAY already??

In brief: Greetings--2nd weekend of February--how?--tired--Galentine's Day.

A review of my JANUARY (5th) - MARCH (26th) ROW80 GOALS:
Part A (Creativity & Social Media)
1. 1-2 blog posts per week (Ideally: 1 ROW80 post, 1 crafts-based post).
2. Do something creative every day.  Doodles still count.
3. Social Media: Check in with all of my accounts/communities every week.
4. Catch up with/update blog & Facebook photo galleries.

Part B (Catching up with life):
1. Exercise--Ideal goal: 3x3x3 (3 sets of 3 exercises for 3+ days). 
Bare minimum: 1 set of stretches.  Get outside on weekends.

2. Get my finances in order.  Also, address insurance, taxes and a new budget ASAP (however vague).
3. Decluttering, and re-organizing/re-claiming my room.
4. Aim for having my 100th post in May the blog's 2-year)>>At least try...

Let's see. No doodling.  Averaging one post a week.  Thinking about some new posts.  Still being tired during the week.  I did cook and eat a lot this week, which was a win over my uninspired meals last week!

Friday, I finally took some pictures to finish up a mostly-done blog post.  Saturday, I puttered around the local farm during volunteer hours (I was too short to prune muth, so I "supervised," but I did help weed).  Then in the afternoon, a friend and I made valentines, which was social AND crafty. 

Some of us are getting together on Saturday to have a "Galentine's Day," a la "Parks and Rec"--a girls' brunch with card-exchanging and games.  There will be tea, scones, crepes, and brunch-related games that include "Elevenses--the Card Game of Morning Tea," a kickstarter-funded game, and "Marrying Mr. Darcy," a game where ladies from the book compete for various skill points to try to bag a "Pride and Prejudice" gentleman (an "Old Maid" can roll to become Jane Austen, so all is not necessarily lost if you don't make a match.  Although I eloped with Darcy last time, as Caroline Bingley.  Just saying.).

I have been doing bare minimum on the exercise & life catch-up goals.  In terms of social media, I finally went back and added to/opened up my Pinterest boards.  I'm not sure if I'll maintain them that often, though--I like posting original content and comments on Twitter, and photos on Instagram, but Pinterest seems more passive.  But the visuals can be inspiring, and I like how YouTube writer/director Yulin Kuang uses Pinterest to construct environments/flavors with her set decorators.

I have been thinking about possibly attempting a crafts-based A-to-Z in April, a series of short crafty blurbs inspired by the alphabet.  I was browsing through a Twitter-Buddy's blog, and I saw that she did a lovely story about a relationship through photographs, 5-sentence texts, and other writing prompts.  I liked the condensed, emotional effect.  And I've never tried the April A-to-Z Writing Challenge.  I'm always tired during the week, so I would probably have to start early.  And I don't want to make it so complicated that I give up.  But I am thinking about that, and possible topics.  So we'll see where that goes.

2 comments:

  1. Just having the goals and working towards them is a big accomplishment. The Valentine night sounds lovely.
    I take part in ABCWednesday and each week is a different letter. I've been using my craft/art supplies each week to create haven't heard about the AtoZ in April - love your idea. something. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'm blogging & stretching more regularly with the 2x a week writing goal & daily stretching goals (albeit lower than the goals, etc.). I had not heard about the ABCWednesday project. That definitely seems more sustainable--although everything has its own type of pressure, that might be more feasible...

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...