Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day!

Good Morning.

Well, one of the hazards of switching to an early-morning work schedule is that you may naturally wake up at 6:45AM on your weekend. Sigh.

I do love mornings.  They're so quiet and peaceful on those days when you don't need to be anywhere and can have the time to yourself.  But I was up late last night, and I don't like getting up tired and knowing I'll be more tired mid-day when everyone else is starting to get going (and I'm not good at taking naps anymore).

I stayed up until 12:30AM last night, knitting with my roommate.  It was so nice and cool and breezy (and social).  In a couple of hours, it'll be edging back towards 90 degrees, so we've had to learn to take advantage of the cooler hours.  I'm enjoying this cool morning while I can.  I've got a cup of my "Birthday Tea" (a gentle Lavender Early Grey), my first Glazed Cronut (Verdict: Waaaay too sweet, even without the cream filling, but I know that my idealized version of a toasted croissant filled with whipped cream is still out there somewhere...), and a bowl of warm (instant) grits to counter all the sugar.

Happy Pi Day!  Today is 3.14.15 (in the U.S. mode of writing), which makes this the closest to "Pi" that we'll get in awhile (3.14159...).  In honor of this occasion, I'd like to leave you with two photos from one of my mom's visits to SoCal:

The Traditional Slice of Rhubarb Pie With Tea (this picture does not convey how HUGE the pie and the mugs were...):

And an Apple Tart (made by yours truly):
 Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...