Monday, April 13, 2015

ROW80: My April-June Goals

Welcome back to "A Round of Words in 80 Days!"
 
I've been reflecting on what I want to get out of this block's set of ROW80 goals.
 
During the last two ROW80 blocks, I tweaked and tweaked my goals with every update post, and added more and more goals (or chores), and never got to the ones I didn't really want to do (I never finished updating my photo galleries, for example--feel free to check out my initial November-December and January-March goals, if you want more details).  I reliably got to 2-3 goals a week, but rarely more.  And I was OK with that.  Just thinking about my goals had gotten me to make a few of them more frequent and/or constant in my life, which was still a win.  I was blogging more often, and I was being more creative and more physically active (ish).
 
I also found myself veering away from creative writing, and back towards doodling.  I'm currently working on an alphabetized series of doodles, and thinking about different ways I can use my blog to play around those kinds of ideas.
 
In thinking on goals and motivations, I've decided that I really want to keep my ROW80 goals devoted to things I actually enjoy and WANT to pursue, rather than things I think I OUGHT to be doing or feeling guilty about avoiding.
 
So for this Spring Quarter of ROW80 (my mind automatically called it "The Quarter Quell!"), I have decided to try paring my goals down to the absolute minimum of what I THINK I really want to get to, and trying for those:
 
APRIL - JUNE 2015 ROW80
1) Do something creative: 5x a week.
2) Stretch, exercise, or get outside: 5x a week.
3) Do something towards a futuristic goal: 2x a week.
4) Hit 100th blog post for the blog's 2-year marker on May 3rd!
 
Good luck with your own ROW80 goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks for your comments...